Monday, March 4, 2024

Environmental Art P.1 - Sculpted/Tiling Textures

For this project, I am learning how to create sculpted/tiling textures. 

I followed Method 3 - Sculpting Tiling Textures with Nano Mesh.

Here is how my texture turned out, rendered in Unreal:

More simplified -

More grunge -


Here are the flat textures from Substance:

Moving towards Fortnite's style, I still want to add some more stylistic touches later on because it is still looking more realistic -


More realistic grunge for fun -

Here are my individual maps:

Base color -


Normal -


AO/Rough/Metallic -

Here's the bake on the mesh in Substance:


Here is my reference board. I want to create a texture that looks like old wooden planks, while also following the softer style of Fortnite textures.



Here is my base pattern I created in Maya and then imported into ZBrush:


Here's my render in ZBrush:


A render of the insert mesh brush I created:


Here is my alpha map:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Character Project 2 - P.3

For this project, I am modeling a plague mask based off of a concept made by  AbyssalBrews  (source linked.) In the first step, I made a pro...